Thank you for submitting your credit application to us for vehicle financing. Although, Herrin-Gear is considered a creditor under the Equal Credit Opportunity Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Dealership itself will not be extending credit. We will review your credit application to determine if it can be submitted to a lender. If we submit your application to a bank or other creditor, you should understand that as a dealer, we generally sell cars on credit only if a third party like a bank or finance company will agree to buy the contract from us on terms that are mutually acceptable. If your credit application was not submitted to a lender and you would like a statement of specific reasons why your application was not submitted, please mail your written request to our Finance Director at the address listed above within 60 days of the date of this letter, and we will provide you with a statement of reasons within 30 days after receiving your request. If we provide reasons to you orally, you have the right to request that we confirm them in writing within 30 days of our receipt of your written request for confirmation.
We may obtain information from one of the consumer reporting agencies listed below as part of our consideration of your application. The reporting agency will play no part in our decision and is unable to supply specific reasons why you may be denied credit. You have the right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to know the information contained in your credit file at the consumer reporting agency. You also have a right to a free copy of your report from the reporting agency, if you request it no later than 60 days after your receive this notice. In addition, if you find that any information contained in the report you receive is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to dispute the matter with the reporting agency. You can find out about the information contained in your file (if one was used) by contacting:
Equifax; P. O. Box 740241; Atlanta, GA 30374; (800-685-1111)
TransUnion; P. O. Box 2000; Chester, PA 19022; (800-888-4213)
Experian; P. O. Box 2104; Allen, TX 75013:
Notice: The federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act prohibits creditors from discrimination against credit applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age (provided the applicant has the capacity to enter into a binding contract); because all or part of the applicant’s income derives from any public assistance program; or because the applicant has in good faith exercised any right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act. The Federal agency that administers compliance with this law concerning this creditor is the Federal Trade Commission at Federal Trade Commission, Equal Credit Opportunity, Washington, DC 20580.
- We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we received from you on applications or other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us our affiliates or others;
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies.
- We are permitted under law to disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. We may make such disclosers about you as a consumer, Custimer, or former customer.
- We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you as a consumer , customer, or former customer, to non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical ,electronic and, procedural safe guards that comply with federal regulation to guard your nonpublic information.
- By executing this document, you are acknowledging that we are authorized to obtain a copy of your credit report from a consumer reporting agency and to submit any and all information obtained from you and that agency to third party financial institution at our discretion.